We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Information you provide to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- To provide you with the information requested from us relating to our products or services
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional messages on third party platforms such as social media or advertising networks
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Embedded Content and Sharing
We sometimes embed content from websites such as YouTube and Twitter. As a result, when you view a page containing such content you may be presented with a cookie from these websites. CubeSocial does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information.
You may also see embedded share buttons on CubeSocial web pages. These enable users to easily share content with their friends through social networks such as Twitter and Facebook. When you click on one of these buttons a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. CubeSocial does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies that are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Note that some pages or functions of the CubeSocial website may not work if you choose to disable cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us.
Where appropriate email communication will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how You can opt to be removed from the mailing list. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, the law requires us to do so, or we have your permission.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our securely. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic area for processing and storing. In addition, it may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic area who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the cubesocial.com domain. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.